Dysport Clinical Study Results
Meaningful efficacy that’s rapid and enduring
More than half of subjects saw improvement in as little as 2-3 days after treatment1-3* and results may last up to 4 months.2-4† In clinical trials, overall treatment success required at least a 2-grade improvement from baseline by both investigator and subject assessments.
MORE THAN HALF
MAY LAST UP TO
*A secondary endpoint based on Kaplan-Meier estimates of cumulative rate of time to onset of response. The median time to onset of response was 3 days in GL-1 (Dysport 55/105 [52%], Placebo 3/53 [6%] and GL-2 (Dysport 36/71 [51%], Placebo 9/71 [13%]), and 2 days in GL-3 (Dysport 110/200 [55%], Placebo 4/100 [4%]).1-3
†GL-1 and GL-3 evaluated subjects for at least 150 days following treatment. Based on investigator assessment, response was maintained for up to 4 months in both GL-1 (Dysport 24/105 [23%], Placebo 2/53 [4%]) and GL-3 (Dysport 58/200 [29%], Placebo 1/100 [1%]).2-4
- Success was defined as post-treatment glabellar line severity of none or mild for the combined investigator and subject assessments (composite assessment) on Day 30 with at least a 2-grade improvement.4 The following scale was used to assess efficacy at maximum frown: 0 none, 1 mild, 2 moderate, 3 severe.
- A subject had to improve from a score of 3 (severe) to a score of 1 or 0 (mild or none), or a score of 2 (moderate) to a score of 0 (none) in order to meet the requirements for overall treatment success.
Three double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical studies evaluated the efficacy of Dysport® for use in the temporary improvement of the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines. These 3 studies enrolled healthy adults (ages 19–75) with glabellar lines of at least moderate severity at maximum frown. Subjects were excluded if they had marked ptosis, deep dermal scarring, or a substantial inability to lessen glabellar lines, even by physically spreading them apart. The subjects in these studies received either Dysport or placebo. The total dose was 50 units delivered in equally divided aliquots to specified injection sites.
Additional endpoints for each of the studies were post-treatment glabellar line severity of none or mild with at least a 1-grade improvement from baseline for separate investigator and subject assessments at Day 30.
- Studies GL-1 and GL-3 were 6- and 5-month (respectively) single-dose studies comparing Dysport to placebo
- GL-2 was a study of Dysport vs placebo in subjects who had received up to 4 treatments of Dysport over the course of the study
Improvement demonstrated for up to four months3
GL-1 was a 6-month, single-dose, double-blind, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled study (N=158) to assess the safety and efficacy of 50 Units of Dysport vs placebo in subjects with moderate to severe glabellar lines at maximum frown.3 55 percent (58/105 Dysport subjects versus 0/53 treated with placebo) met the primary endpoint.
Patients want to come back
In a clinical study of 533 subjects,
said they'd like to receive Dysport again.5*†
*Subject’s satisfaction and self-perception reported 3 weeks after treatment (n=531).
†Study Design: Multicenter, prospective, non-interventional observational study conducted in France, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom (n=533). Subjects were eligible if the investigator had decided to prescribe Dysport according to the labeling. Subjects completed questionnaires at 3 weeks and 4 months after treatment.
Most common side effects
As with any abobotulinumtoxinA treatment, the most common side effects are nose and throat irritation, headache, injection site pain, injection site skin reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid swelling, eyelid drooping, sinus inflammation and nausea. See below for complete Important Safety Information.
Before + After
Actual patients. Results unretouched.
Identifying Authentic Dysport®
The best way to protect your patients from counterfeit Dysport is to verify that you’re ordering authentic Dysport from an authorized distributor. Be sure to check the packaging of your product to make sure it’s authentic.
There are more anti-counterfeiting measures on the packaging that aren’t listed here. Ask your distributor for more information.
Administering & Reconstitution
Dosing for moderate to severe glabellar lines
Watch to learn more about administering and reconstituting Dysport.Download the Dysport Reconstitution Guide
Dysport may also be reconstituted with 2.5 mL of preservative-free 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection USP for a solution of 10 Units per 0.08 mL
Looking for information on injecting Dysport?
Visit GAINHCP.com to register and learn more about injection techniques and training.
Find a Specialist Feature
The Find a Specialist feature on DysportUSA.com makes it easy for website visitors to locate and contact you regarding aesthetic treatment. All you have to do to remain listed on the Dysport Find a Specialist feature is place an order for Dysport a minimum of every six months.
Make every order count by joining ASPIRE Galderma Rewards, the program that offers specialists faster ways to earn instant savings, product discounts and quarterly rebates. It's designed to enhance patient loyalty by enabling patients to redeem their own ASPIRE Galderma Rewards points with you. Members also have access to promotional marketing materials to use within their practices. It’s a win-win!
Have Questions? Contact Galderma.
If you would like to place an order for Dysport or have any related product questions, please call 1-844-GALDERM (1-844-425-3376) to speak with a sales representative or email customer service at email@example.com.
For any medical inquiries, including reporting adverse medical reactions to a Galderma product, please call 1-866-735-4137 or email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data on file. MA-Y-97-52120-085 (GL-2) Clinical Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2007.
- Data on file. MA-Y-97-52120-718 (GL-3) Clinical Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2007.
- Data on file. MA-Y-97-52120-719 (GL-1) Clinical Study Report. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., 2007.
- Dysport for Injection Package Insert. Fort Worth, TX: Galderma Laboratories, L.P., September 2017.
- Molina B, Grangier Y, Mole B, et al. Patient satisfaction after the treatment of glabellar lines with Botulinum toxin type A (Speywood Unit): a multi-centre European observational study. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015;29(7):1382-1388. doi:10.1111/djv.12881. Epub 2014 Dec 12